Privacy in respect of survey responses
In order to gather information from the public, as part of the consultation process for our plans, we are requesting some personal data along with your comments, including your name, contact address and/or email, and organisation details if applicable.
All personal data will be processed securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data will be processed by the National Park Authority for the purposes of gathering feedback as part of the consultation process on our plan.
Following the end of our consultation process, we shall publish a summary of responses received. Information that people provide in response to our consultations, including personal details, may be disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 and the Data Protection Act 1998. If you want the information that you provide to be treated as confidential please tell us, but be aware that we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
Please note that any libellous, defamatory, or offensive comments will not be taken into account as part of the consultation and will be discarded
Version 2.0 – Effective from 26 May 2011
2.1 We may collect and process (or procure the collection and processing of) the following information:
- information that you submit by filling in forms on our site;
- information submitted at the time of registering with our site or requesting products from us;
- information you provide when you report a problem with our site;
- information concerning your use of our site and the products you purchase from us;
- information you submit to our service providers, including without limitation, through the website of our chosen payment services provider (the “payment website”);
- information concerning your use of the payment website and the payment method chosen by you upon the payment website;
- information concerning your compliance with our terms and conditions of website use;
- information you provide when you contact us, including a copy of and records concerning any correspondence;
- information we may record concerning your communications with us for quality control and training purposes; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
3.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. Cookies are small files which are sent to your browser (for example Internet Explorer or Firefox) and stored on your computer’s hard disk. They only identify your computer and not you personally. Please read the following carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
3.3 There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using www.ourlivepark.org:
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
3.4 First party cookies
Cookies issued by www.ourlivepark.org:
We use a number of suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites’ on its behalf. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
|PREF||Youtube (youtube.com)||Stores the Flash version number of your browser. No personal information is transferred or stored.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Youtube (youtube.com)||Stores an estimate of your internet connection bandwidth, used to set Youtube embedded video quality, as well as track video view counts. No personal information is transferred or stored.|
|__qca, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, _jsuid, c2msess, first_pv_X, Click2MapVisitor||Click2Map (click2map.com)||Stores anonymous session information for tracking your activity on our Interactive Map, as well as Click2Map Google Analytics. No personal information is transferred or stored.|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz||Google Analytics||These cookies are used to help record your use of this website. They are used to collect statistics about site usage such as when you last visited the site. This information is then used to improve the user experience on our website. The Google Analytics cookies contain randomly generated IDs to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookies contain no personal information and are used only for web analytics|
We encourage you to accept the cookies our website uses as they help us to improve the user experience for you and many others. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain (http://www.ourlivepark.org) to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from. Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored. You can find more information on how to delete and control cookies at www.aboutcookies.org
5.1 We use the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us in the following ways
- to enable the proper maintenance and / or operation of our site;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information and products that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our site;
- to comply with any legal obligation;
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use; and
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others.
6. Disclosure of information
6.1 We may disclose the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us:
- to enable the proper maintenance of our site;
- to enable the supply to you of products which you have requested;
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- to comply with any legal or contractual obligation;
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights our terms and condition of website use; or
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others, where such disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
7. Third party personal data